“Sustainability is the ability to live in harmony with planet Earth” Andrew Robertson, Managing Director on the company’s environmental policy.
Clean Energy Consultancy Ltd is committed to protecting and actively promoting the improvement of the local environment and will ensure that environmental priorities are integrated into the decisions it takes on its services and will seek to:
- Make the most efficient use of energy for the company and for clients by monitoring consumption, reducing usage and eliminating excessive or unnecessary use. It will communicate to staff and clients the means by which energy may be saved.
- Encourage staff using the facilities to walk, cycle and use public or communal transport as alternatives to private car.
- Minimise and where possible eliminate all forms of pollution.
- Where possible, use energy derived form renewable sources.
- Use minimum quantities of water and when used dispose of it in it’s purest form possible, reduce leakage, and eliminate excessive use.
- Avoid waste and encourage the conservation, re-use and recycling of resources. Where re-use and recycling is not appropriate, it will dispose by a means which will have the least impact on the environment. Staff and other users will be encouraged to recycle and re-use.
- Ensure the potential environmental impact of any building projects are assessed and minimised including where possible, methods of construction which make best use of resources and are sustainable; designs which result in low maintenance and high efficiency and encourage staff and clients to use and operate buildings correctly to conserve energy and minimise waste.
- Promote a sense of responsibility and understanding for the environment and participation in environmental issues by raising client and staff awareness by the provision of information and consultation.
- Where possible, to purchase from local or regional suppliers in order to maximise input to the local community and minimise carbon emissions from transport.